Book now for an opera party in the park
14 February, 2019 — By Sebastian Taylor
Tchaikovsky’s last opera, Iolanta, is part of the season’s offerings
Booking for this spring’s Opera Holland Park productions is opening for the general public on in two weeks’ time, on Wednesday February 27.
Operas being performed are:
• Puccini’s Manon Lescaut, a convent girl unable to choose between a life of luxury and a life of love. June 4-22
• Verdi’s Un Ballo in Maschera, a tense love triangle against the background of a murderous conspiracy. June 8-29
• Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas performed by Juilliard415 and Juilliard Marcus Institute for Vocal Arts, one evening only, June 9.
• OHP rarity Cilea’s L’Arlesiana, a tragedy of desperate passion, jealousy and rigid moral codes in rural Provence. July 20-August 2
• Double bill: Wolf-Ferrari’s Il segreto di Susanna, a delicious farce of marital mistrust and modern manners. Plus Tchaikovsky’s last opera, Iolanta, a dark and beautiful fairy tale. July 22-August 3.
• To book: Call the box office: 0300 999 1000; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, book online at operahollandpark.com
You can book in person from Tuesday May 7 at the Opera Holland Park Theatre, Ilchester Place, W8 6LU.