Fire safety advice to ‘stay put’ would not work here
11 January, 2018
• “AT Grenfell firefighters told families to ‘stay put’ in their homes…” (Comment: Housing and the folly of maintenance assumptions, January 4).
That is what we are told where I live which is supposed to be sheltered.
The idea is in case of a fire we would be safe in our rooms because the doors are steel. However, the letterboxes are close to the ground so that fire would have no problem getting through them and the doors like mine are situated at the end of a corridor where the wind blows in a draught to those doors continually.
Under the sign that says No Smoking I have regularly found cigarette butts. And of course, no sprinklers.Who was the architect or builder that thought up this idiocy?
ANITA BROOK, NW3